Date: September 2017
Course length: One year (for qualified psychodynamic couple counsellors and psychotherapists only)
Fee 2017-18: £4,590 per year
Venue: Tavistock Relationships, 70 Warren Street, London, W1T 5PB
Course code: CT3
Applications now being accepted for 2017
The only course at MSc level in the country; this 1 year programme is designed to provide knowledge, skills and clinical practice in the area of Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy. This course qualifies graduates to practice as psychosexual therapists in statutory and voluntary sectors as well as in private practice.
Why Tavistock Relationships?
- Highly experienced staff give you support and advice throughout the length of the course;
- In-house clinical placements at Tavistock Relationships;
- Opportunity to do some clinical work in NHS Psychosexual Clinic on placement
- Supervision, tutorials and clinical administration included in the fee;
- A chance to be part of an Institution with over 65 years training and research experience;
- Benefit from Tavistock Relationships’ long history of writing about couple relationships and study at an internationally renowned academic institution within the field of couple relationships.
Who the course is for?
The one year course is suitable for qualified therapists who would like to develop expertise in working with psychosexual issues and is open only to practitioners who have completed a psychodynamic couples therapy training.
The one year pathway is open only to practitioners who have completed a Psychodynamic Couples Therapy training.
- Approved by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- Successful completion of programme MSc in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy at Tavistock Relationships leads to the award of Master of Science by the University of East London.
- Graduates may be eligible for individual registration with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
What can it lead to
- The MSc is a professional qualification and can lead to work as a psychosexual therapist in statutory and voluntary sectors as well as in private practice
Applicants are required to have a psychodynamic couple therapy qualification.
Selection is through individual interview.
Course dates & times
- Course start date: September 2017
Wednesday 6:00pm - 8:45pm
How to apply
An applicant is required to pay £120 at the point of application. This is made up of a £50 Admin fee and £70 interview fee. If they are not shortlisted for an interview, they will be refunded £70. The £50 is non-refundable and non-transferable. If they are offered an interview then the £70 is non–refundable and non-transferable.
Applications should be sent via post to:
70 Warren Street
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications