Working with your partner increases recovery rates and helps to maintain recovery.
Tavistock Relationships was commissioned by the NHS to develop this couple-based treatment for depression. The treatment developed now forms part of the national curriculum and training materials published by the Department of Health.
Couple Therapy for Depression is a behaviourally-based, 20-session couple therapy designed to treat depression in couples where there is also relationship distress.
It is one of the high-intensity therapies offered in the NHS’ Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Services.
Tavistock Relationships designed the Couple Therapy for Depression treatment following the UK's National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines, sticking closely to the competencies identified for the treatment of depression and relationship distress in couples.
Couple Therapy for Depression:
- reduces damaging interactions between couples,
- builds emotional openness and closeness,
- improves communication and behaviour,
- changes unhelpful cognitions and perceptions, and
- helps the couple cope with the ordinary and not-so-ordinary stresses that arise in the course of everyday relating.
To find out more about this innovative couple-based treatment and to access useful resources, please visit CTFD website.
Contact: Sabah Khan firstname.lastname@example.org