A world where good quality relationships provide stability and security for families to nurture children and adults to reach their potential in life, and form the foundation for health and wellbeing for individuals and society as a whole.
To ensure that effective relationship support is accessible to all.
- to create wider understanding of the importance of the quality of our relationships for our lives, our children’s lives and our society
- to ensure the highest professional standards and evidence-based practice in all couple services, present and future
- to increase the availability of couple-focused support so every couple can access help when they need it
- to widen the scope of interventions for relationship help so that a greater range of support is accessible for couples and families, tailored to their specific need and problems
- to help couples overcome stigma and anxiety about seeking professional help for their relationship
We will achieve our aims by:
- developing and disseminating the research on couple relationships and how best to support them
- promoting the value of seeking relationship help, particularly when going through life’s transitions
- Training couple therapists to deliver the highest quality, expert help
- providing affordable, accessible, evidence-based service
- supporting front line practice to develop a strong focus on adult relationships
- developing innovative intervention projects, applying psychosocial and clinical expertise to supporting families