A world in which strong relationships provide stability and security for adults and children, forming the foundation for the health and wellbeing of individuals and our society as a whole.
To ensure that effective relationship support is accessible to all.
- to create wider understanding of the importance of the quality of our relationships for our lives, our children’s lives and our society
- to ensure the highest professional standards and evidence-based practice in all couple services, present and future
- to increase the availability of couple-focused support so every couple can access help when they need it
- to widen the scope of interventions for relationship help so that a greater range of support is accessible for couples and families, tailored to their specific need and problems
- to help couples overcome stigma and anxiety about seeking professional help for their relationship
We will achieve our aims by:
- developing and disseminating the research on couple relationships and how best to support them
- promoting the value of seeking relationship help, particularly when going through life’s transitions
- training couple therapists to deliver the highest quality, expert help
- providing affordable, accessible, evidence-based service
- supporting front line practice to develop a strong focus on adult relationships
- developing innovative intervention projects, applying psychosocial and clinical expertise to supporting families