- An essential introduction to psychosexual practice and theory -
Start date: 9th October 2021
Course length: 2 terms
Course code: PC3
Application deadline: 10 Sep 2021
Location: Online using Zoom teleconferencing app/web platform
"The course has enhanced my life and I believe will enhance my future practice"
"I cannot praise this course enough. It is so thorough and well-informed and the tutors are clearly passionate about their work. If only more courses were offered on Zoom, I would be signing up to one every year; childcare and travel make it difficult to go to London for courses."
This CPD course takes place over two terms and consists of 8 full day Saturday workshops. It focuses on thinking about relationships and sex and applying this understanding to participants’ work. The course consists of lectures, films, role play, discussion and will cover topics such as couple dynamics, sexual desire and arousal, talking about sex, sexual dysfunctions and sexual compulsivity. The course aims to increase understanding, knowledge and confidence in working with the sexual relationship.
- Provides valuable input on the nature of the sexual relationship
- Helps develop greater understanding of psychosexual problems
- Introduces assessment, classification and formulation skills
- Increases confidence in addressing sexual difficulties in a sensitive manner