Date: Monday 13 to Friday 17 July 2020
Time: 10am to 5pm
Trainers: Tavistock Relationships Staff
Venue: This is an Online School which will be held using the Zoom teleconferencing app/web platform
Course code: SC5
How to apply: Download, complete and send the application form at the foot of this page.
Access: THIS IS AN ONLINE SCHOOL DELIVERED VIA ZOOM TELECONFERENCING
This course is open to those interested in learning more about couple relationships and about working with couples from a psychodynamic perspective. It will be useful to individual counsellors and individual, child, family and group psychotherapists, and to those in the helping professions, such as clinical psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers.
The course aims to:
- Introduce the central concepts used in understanding unconscious processes in couple interaction.
- Offer a framework for understanding conscious and unconscious communication in couples that is grounded in theory, clinical case examples and seminar discussion.
- Enable you to begin to make use of psychodynamic concepts in formulating and understanding the relationship aspect of your work with couples or individuals.
- Give each participant the opportunity to present some work and learn from the work of others.
Two lectures each day will include:
- Transference and countertransference in couple therapy
- Working with the sexual relationship
- Unconscious processes in the couple relationship
- Thinking about the couple in individual work
There will also be two participant clinical presentations each day, providing an opportunity for attendees to discuss their own material in small groups led by experienced couple therapists.
How to apply:
Download and complete the Developing Skills in Couple Work, International Summer School 2020 Application Form (click here).
We request that all applications are completed in an electronic word processing document. Please DO NOT handwrite your submission.
We prefer applications to be sent via email to email@example.com
Or applications can be sent to: Training Tavistock Relationships, Hallam House, 56-60 Hallam Street, W1W 6JL
*Applications closing date: To be announced.