Date: Monday 15 to Friday 19 February 2021
Time: 10am to 4pm
Trainers: Tavistock Relationships Staff
Fee: £475 (includes £50 deposit to be sent with application form)
Venue: This is an Online School which will be held using the Zoom teleconferencing app/web platform
How to apply: Please apply using the form at the foot of this page
Access: THIS IS AN ONLINE SCHOOL DELIVERED VIA ZOOM TELECONFERENCING
This course is open to those interested in learning more about couple relationships and about working with couples from a psychodynamic perspective. It will be useful to individual counsellors and individual, child, family and group psychotherapists, and to those in the helping professions, such as clinical psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers.
The course aims to:
- introduce the central concepts used in understanding unconscious processes in couple interaction
- offer a framework for understanding conscious and unconscious communication in couples that is grounded in theory, clinical case examples and seminar discussion
- enable you to begin to make use of psychodynamic concepts in formulating and understanding the relationship aspect of your work with couples or individuals
- give each participant the opportunity to present some work and learn from the work of others.
Two lectures each day will include:
- transference and countertransference in couple therapy
- working with the sexual relationship
- unconscious processes in the couple relationship
- thinking about the couple in individual work.
There will also be two participant clinical presentations each day, providing an opportunity for attendees to discuss their own material in small groups led by experienced couple therapists.
How to apply:
Download and complete the Developing Skills in Couple Work Online Winter School 2021 Application Form (click here).
We request that all applications are completed in an electronic word processing document. Please DO NOT handwrite your submission.
We prefer applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applications closing date: To be announced.