Date: September 2019
Course length: Full training 4 years, Advanced Standing minimum of 2 years
Fee 2019-20: £4590 per year (fees may change for the new academic year). Applications accepted from January 2019. Deadline: Late applications will be considered.
Qualification: Professional qualification and clinical training
Venue: Tavistock Relationships, 56-60 Hallam Street, London, W1W 6JL
Course code: CT1
At present there is no lift access to our 4th floor training room.
Our trainings take place on upper floors, from Spring 2020 they will be accessible by lifts with the following specification: Type 1 provides only limited accessibility for persons using a manual wheelchair as described in EN 12183:2014 or an electrically powered wheelchair of class A described in EN 12184:2014. This car accommodates one wheelchair user without an accompanying person.
This unique four-year programme is a clinical training in couple psychoanalytic psychotherapy combined with an academic training to MA level.
This training provides a comprehensive understanding of psychoanalytic theory and techniques as it relates to the adult couple relationship and builds on and deepens the student's existing clinical experience. Clinical work with couples is provided through the Tavistock Relationships' clinical service, some of which is in co-therapy with experienced psychoanalytic couple therapists.
This is the only couple psychoanalytic psychotherapy training that leads to professional membership of the psychoanalytic section of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC).
Why study an MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at Tavistock Relationships?
- Train with experienced practitioners in the helping professions such as child, group and adult psychotherapy, counselling, psychology, psychiatry or social work
- Couples provided by Tavistock Relationships and seen on our premises in our own consulting rooms
- Co-therapy undertaken with senior staff
- Individual supervision, tutorials and clinical administration included in the fee
- A chance to be part of an Institution with over 65 years training and research experience
- Benefit from Tavistock Relationships' long history of researching and writing about couple relationships
Who This Course Is For
Suitable for people who have had several years of post-qualifying experience in a helping profession such as counselling, psychology, social work or psychiatry.
We also have a popular two-year advanced standing programme for qualified psychoanalytic psychotherapists (child, adult or group). Please see the Advance Standing tab for more details.
- BPC registration
- Successful completion of programme MA in Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at Tavistock Relationships leads to the award of Master of Arts.
What Can It Lead To?
Our MA is a highly respected qualification internationally within the couple psychotherapy field and opens up specialist leadership roles.
- You will become a qualified professional Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: Applications accepted from January 2019. Deadline: 31st May 2019
The application form is here and below:
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For telephone enquiries call: 020 7380 8288
To find out about applying for the next academic year (starts September 2019), contact us today; 020 7380 8288 email@example.com.
Or you can sign up for one of our Open Evenings, located on or events page here.