Date: September 2019
Course length: Full training 4 years, Advanced Standing minimum of 2 years
Fee 2019-20: £4590 per year (fees may change for the new academic year). Applications accepted from January 2019. Deadline: 31st May 2019
Venue: Tavistock Relationships, 70 Warren Street, London, W1T 5PB
Course code: CT1
This unique four-year programme is a clinical training in couple psychoanalytic psychotherapy combined with an academic training to MA level. It also provides a route to the Professional Doctorate in Couple Psychotherapy.
This training provides a comprehensive understanding of psychoanalytic theory and techniques as it relates to the adult couple relationship and builds on and deepens the student's existing clinical experience. Clinical work with couples is provided through the Tavistock Relationships' clinical service, some of which is in co-therapy with experienced psychoanalytic couple therapists.
This is the only couple psychoanalytic psychotherapy training that leads to professional membership of the psychoanalytic section of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC).
Why study an MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at Tavistock Relationships?
- Train with experienced practitioners in the helping professions such as child, group and adult psychotherapy, counselling, psychology, psychiatry or social work
- Couples provided by Tavistock Relationships and seen on our premises in our own consulting rooms
- Co-therapy undertaken with senior staff
- Individual supervision, tutorials and clinical administration included in the fee
- A chance to be part of an Institution with over 65 years training and research experience
- Benefit from Tavistock Relationships' long history of researching and writing about couple relationships
Who This Course Is For
Suitable for people who have had several years of post-qualifying experience in a helping profession such as counselling, psychology, social work or psychiatry.
We also have a popular two-year advanced standing programme for qualified psychoanalytic psychotherapists (child, adult or group). Please see the Advance Standing tab for more details.
- BPC registration
- Successful completion of programme MA in Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at Tavistock Relationships leads to the award of Master of Arts by the University of East London.
What Can It Lead To?
Our MA is a highly respected qualification internationally within the couple psychotherapy field and opens up specialist leadership roles.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: Applications accepted from January 2019. Deadline: 31st May 2019
The application form is here
To find out about applying for the next academic year (starts September 2019), contact us today; 020 7380 8288 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can sign up for one of our Open Evenings, located on or events page here.