The #SortItOut campaign calls for immediate action to reduce the damaging impact of parental conflict on an estimated 1.25million children in Britain.
Family relationships are consistently in the top three most common reasons why children contact ChildLine and campaigners want to highlight the damaging effect of warring parents on children’s mental health.
The All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Supporting Couple Relationships and Reducing Interparental Conflict is calling on the Government to make relationship support free of charge to all parents in sustained conflict.
#SortItOut has the support of a broad spectrum of organisations including Tavistock Relationships, Relate, The Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition, the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and the Association of Child Psychotherapists. The Sun newspaper’s Agony Aunt, Deidre Saunders (Dear Deidre) is also backing the campaign.
#SortItOut seeks to make relationships support available free of charge to all parents in conflict.
Immediate action required:
· Parental conflict to be assessed for in child mental health services and other settings such as schools
· Local authorities, NHS services and courts to offer relationship support services to parents
· The Government’s Reducing Parental Conflict Programme to offered nationally
Please support this campaign by:
· Following the campaign on Twitter @CouplesAPPG
· Read more about the campaign, and sign up as a supporter, at https://tavistockrelationships.ac.uk/policy-research/appg/1334-sort-it-out-campaign
· Tweet using the hashtag #SortItOut
· Anything else we/partners might ask people to do?