Learn about our trainings in relationship counselling, Foundation Certificate course and psychosexual work.
Tavistock Relationships' Open Evenings are an excellent free opportunity to find out more about our counselling and psychotherapy courses, meet our staff and ask any questions you might have about studying with us.
Next Open Evening dates:
There are FOUR upcoming events, choose the one you prefer depending on the course you are interested and the time/date:
Options 1 & 2: Open Day & Open Evening for our Foundation Certificate in Couple Counselling & Psychotherapy
Options 3 & 4 Open Evening & Open day for Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy & Psychosexual Certificate
About Open Day & Open Evening for our Foundation Certificate in Couple Counselling & Psychotherapy
An opportunity to learn about the course, meet the course leaders and start your pathway to becoming a relationship counsellor or psychotherapist
Are you looking for the next step towards a career in psychotherapy and couple counselling?
Do you have the following personal qualities?
- Self-awareness, maturity and stability
- Ability to make use of and reflect upon life experience
- Capacity to cope with both the emotional and intellectual demands of a psychotherapy course
- Appropriate level of interest and motivation for learning about couples and about counselling
- Non-judgemental, empathic, and capacity to be a good listener.The Foundation certificate will help students develop counselling skills and gain a deeper understanding of psychodynamic and psychoanalytic theories and concepts with a particular focus on the couple relationship.Entry criteria (at least 2 of the following)
- Relevant work experience – this being work in emotional and mental health and wellbeing
- Relevant voluntary work experience
- Have undergone or are currently undergoing own personal psychotherapy
- An experience of group therapy
- Have attended basic level counselling course(s) – e.g., access level counselling training at an FE college or other institution, and/or 1 day CPD trainings, and/or any other relevant short courses. Please book your place here
Aout Open Evening & Open day for Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy & Psychosexual Certificate
An opportunity to learn about our Psychosexual courses and meet the course leaders
Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy
The two-year course is suitable for qualified therapists who wish to develop expertise in working with psychosexual issues and to gain a professional qualification in this field.
The course is designed to provide knowledge, skills and opportunities for clinical practice and qualifies graduates to practice as psychosexual therapists in statutory and voluntary sectors as well as in private practice.
2-year course leading to qualification as a Psychosexual Therapist
Open to qualified therapists and counsellors of any discipline
Weekend teaching modules
This course has been approved by the COSRT
Certificate in Psychosexual Studies
This CPD course is suitable for Counsellors and psychotherapists, youth workers, GPs and other healthcare professionals, who want to develop their expertise in addressing sexual issues with clients.
The course takes place over two terms and consists of 8 full day Saturday workshops. It focuses on thinking about relationships and sex and applying this understanding to participants’ work.
Provide valuable input on the nature of the sexual relationship
Help you develop greater understanding of psychosexual dysfunctions
Introduce assessment, classification and formulation skills
Provide an introduction to behavioural work
Increase confidence in addressing sexual difficulties in a sensitive manner
To get further information on all our courses please visit our individual course pages (click here for links to all trainings).
Find out about our Foundation Certificate in Couple Counselling and Psychotherapy - a platform training for those who want to progress to a clinical training course.